This role is ideally suited to an organised, decisive team player with a passion for the IT sector. We will support, train and certify you in necessary areas to assist your professional and personal development. The Junior IT Support Technician role offers great opportunities to progress.
The successful applicant will have:
- Desire to succeed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A focus on customer care- Good at working with clients over the telephone and with good written communication skills to explain IT issues to non-specialists.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Logical troubleshooting skill set.
- Open minded and flexible approach to both working style and learning.
- Must live in a commutable location to Oxford.
Duties and responsibilities:
- First/second line of support for clients with questions and queries.
- Cloud Technologies - In particular Microsoft 365, Azure AD, SharePoint, Teams.
- Windows Server network environments - In particular AD (Active Directory).
- Windows and Apple desktops.
- Configuration of AV equipment
- Working with both technical and non-technical staff, you will be involved in supporting users at all levels, troubleshooting tickets and escalating issues to more senior and experienced members of the team.
- Working as part of a multi-faceted team and alongside other junior and senior engineers to help develop your skill set.
- Communicating with customers clearly and precisely.
- Setting up of desktops and laptops and occasionally assisting a more senior colleague with onsite installations.
- Liaise with external support providers to seek resolution.
- Create and maintain operational documentation.
- Undertake continuing professional development.
- A levels or equivalent qualification
- Flexibility - willingness to work outside of core hours to support events such as evening talks and presentations
- 2+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
- 1+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment.
- 2+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Has obtained one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Linux, Microsoft hardware (installation), or other industry relevant certifications
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job