Audit Semi Senior
Based Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire - Hybrid working available
Full time, Permanent
If you are part way through your ACCA or ACA and looking for a new opportunity, then this role may be for you.
We are currently recruiting an Audit Semi Senior to join our highly experienced Audit team. The role will involve the completion of audits and accounting tasks as delegated by and under the general direction of the Audit Senior or Audit Manager.
This is an exciting role which will give you the opportunity to work with a variety of clients within different industries. You will benefit from working within a supportive and established team with study support offered and there will be a clear progression plan in place. What more could you ask for
This is a permanent, full-time, position which will be based from our Stoke office.
- Complete responsibility for the audit of a client reporting directly to the Manager, Director, or Partner responsible
- Plan the assignment and complete the work on time and within budget
- The preparation of a complete audit file to the required standard
- Liaison with the Tax Department on any tax related matters
- Preparation of statutory and non-statutory accounts
- Delegation of assignments and supervision of junior members of staff, followed by review of the work performed
- The completion of the assignment in accordance with the budget with any variations being promptly recorded
- Provide assistance and on-the-job training for other part-qualified trainees
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required
- To be professional and approachable with clients and develop good working relationships
- Working towards the ACA, ACCA
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Understanding the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- Understand the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Be conversant with all current appropriate auditing and accounting practice