Petroplan are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a leading EPC in the Energy Sector.
You will work with the engineering and project delivery group providing services which include front-end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction services, and program management primarily in the hydrocarbons and energy transition industries.
We are searching for a highly motivated, target driven individual, capable of developing and maintaining long-term relationships with major Chemical, Petrochemical, Refinery and Energy Transition organisations.
As Business Development Manager you will be instrumental in strategic plans whilst relishing capturing new opportunities.
This position will be externally focused, ideally based in the UK, but other locations within Europe will be considered. Flexible working can be discussed. Roles and Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications:
- Be fully familiar with our service portfolio and utilize sharp commercial acumen to spot opportunities
- Form new, credible customer relationships with target clients to build the required pipeline of business contributing towards achieving business unit targets.
- In collaboration with the business development team, maximise return from existing client accounts.
- Keep accurate and timely records of opportunities in the CRM system.
- Provide realistic and accurate forecasting to support management reporting.
- Employ marketing techniques with target clients, working with the internal team to generate suitable material.
- Support the development and production of proposals to bid on selected opportunities.
- University degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable successful track record of business development/sales within oil and gas
- Previous sales management experience with a proven track record of successful awards
- Very good understanding of digital tools and solutions available in the market related to the targeted market
- Geographic focus within Europe, Middle East and Africa regions
- Ideally experienced in working with global customers; both National and International
- Ability to assist and manage strategic accounts
- Team player and expert relationship builder
- Curiosity, creativity and tenacity
- Excellent communicator adept at presenting
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.