Salary: £27,456 + TRONC based upon 48 hours per week or £22,880 based upon 40 hours per week
- Brand new kitchen with open pass and state of the art facilities - Rationals, iVario cooking centre, all induction and new ventilation system - so the kitchen will remain cooler!
- Cook from fresh
- 4/5 shifts a week
- No split shifts
- Countryside location
- Friendly team and family business
The Knot Inn is a beautiful countryside pub with a fantastic heritage, in a wonderful location. The pub enjoys a good drive-out location and benefits from the popularity of the area for tourists, walkers, and cyclists.
The Knot Inn has recently been taken over by the experienced owners of Heaton House Farm Wedding Venue and the pub opened in December with great reviews! The pub has always enjoyed a wonderful reputation, and we would like to get it firmly back on the map!
This is an exciting time to be joining the team as we are looking to build a talented team, to deliver exceptional food using local products, and of course, fantastic, friendly customer service which is going to be the key to ensuring customers return. By joining our team, you can be ensured of a warm welcome, supportive management and the opportunity to grow and develop yourself as our businesses grow!
We offer a competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and ensure that the basics are covered. In addition to this, we offer discounts, staff events, staff referral schemes, annual leave which increases with service, life and permanent health insurance (for permanent employees and after a qualifying period).
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the full range of kitchen operations.
Responsibilities as our Chef de Partie will include:
- Good knowledge of food operations in a pub setting
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous chef with the planning and organisation of all food operations on a daily basis
- Prepare dishes to the correct recipe
- Ensure flawless food hygiene standards and organisational systems leading to better food and better profits
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned to agreed company standards
- HACCP and H&S implementation
Our Chef de Partie will come equipped with the following qualities:
- Passionate about food and pay great attention to detail to everything you do
- Knowledgeable of various cooking methods, ingredients and procedures
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
The role is full-time and permanent. You will need to be flexible as you will work 5 days out of 7 including weekends and bank holidays however as we build our brigade, we will be able to offer more flexibility.
What we offer in return
- A rewarding experience - working as part of a friendly team, with a fantastic reputation
- Support we are a friendly family-run company and care about our team like they are part of the family
- Progression as our company grows, so can you!
- Flexibility this includes flexibility in working days (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) and working hours (we don t work Christmas Day!)
- Staff events we work hard but enjoy spending time celebrating our success
- Discounts we believe in giving back, so you get discounts!
- Staff Referral scheme - Rewards for bringing more team players to our family
- Competitive Salary See above
- Insurance life & permanent health insurance (after the qualifying period)
- Pension Scheme (subject to qualifying criteria)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays, prorated for part-time) increasing with service to a maximum of 33 day
You may have experience of the following: Senior Sous Chef, Sous chef, Chef de Partie, Junior Sous Chef, Back of House, Station Chef, Line Chef, Line Cook. Commis Chef, Catering Assistant, Senior Chef