Location: Manchester, UK (Open to national candidates)
An award-winning consultancy with over 27 years of experience across the engineering, construction, and asset management landscape. We work collaboratively with clients to deliver sustainable and innovative solutions across the built environment and major infrastructure. We support our clients across seven key sectors: Buildings and Development; Defence, Security and Aerospace; Energy; Logistics and Transportation; Nuclear; Manufacturing and Technology; Rail; Waste and Utilities.
Our team offers multi-disciplinary solutions within six key disciplines: Architecture; BIM Consultancy; Civil and Structural Engineering; Commercial and Risk Management; Digital Capture; Mechanical, Electrical and Building Services Design.
We're thrilled to announce that our Power Civils Infrastructure team is expanding, and we're looking for talented Civil/Structural Technicians and Engineers to join us. With a surge in our workload, we have several exciting opportunities available for you to be a part of our team. As a Civil/Structural Technician or Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with other disciplines on a range of thrilling projects, including new-build substations, substation upgrades/extensions, and other cutting-edge electrical infrastructure. Don't miss out on this chance to advance your career and work on projects that will shape the future of the energy industry!
What do you need to be great at this role?
- Previous civil/structural draughting or design experience on substation projects
- Experience working within Electrical Transmission and Distribution sectors.
- Knowledge of CDM requirements.
- Knowledge of UK Environmental and Waste Management legislation and requirements.
- Ideally knowledge of National Grid's Transmission Procedures, in particular: TP106, TP135, TP137, TP141, TP153, TP184, TP188, TP219, TP221, TP235, and TP241.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Hybrid model working
- All training provided including opportunities to enrol in employee development programmes with our internal and external trainers.
- A colleague health and well-being programme
- Discounted gym membership rates
- Mental health support via free confidential advice and counselling services
- Access to free well-being apps
- Pension Scheme
If you have a passion for civil engineering and possess the qualifications and experience mentioned above, we would love to hear from you. This position is open to national candidates, although ideally, you should be based within a commutable distance of Manchester. The start date for this role is as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position, send your CV to us as soon as possible. Join our team and be part of our commitment to delivering sustainable and innovative solutions that make a difference!