Role: Customer Service Apprenticeship - Branch Network
Course Length: 18 Months
Start Date: July 2023 onwards
Qualification: Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package.
We are currently recruiting for Customer Services Apprentice professionals across various locations in our local market. This is an exciting new permanent, entry level opportunity within our Branch Network, which will see successful applicants to join as a Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser. Our Branch Network is at the heart of a local market acting as a financial partner and community hub. We value difference, we succeed together, we take responsibility, and we get things done!
This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme, with an opportunity for a progression to more complex role. Throughout the programme, you will get to know our product and services and be part of a team to deliver the exceptional service to our customers. At the start of your journey in your new role we will support you through a blended learning experience this is where you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of virtual classroom & practical training, as well as having the opportunity to develop these new skills fully supported within your branch. This will provide you with the opportunity to get hands on experience and apply learning into practice.
Within this role you will:
- Play a pivotal role within our Branch Customer Service Team by being the first point of contact for our customers banking requirements, take ownership of their individual needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Play an important part in customer education around HSBC digital services and fraud awareness
- Identify customers who are in vulnerable situations and determine the best way we can support them
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- A "people first" approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Naturally inquisitive - able to ask why and bring new ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers.
- Ability to take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, you will pride yourself on delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations, delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme. Applicants with international qualifications are required to supply a transcript and/or NARIC Certificates (if applicable)
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working INTERNAL arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.