Role: Customer Service Apprenticeship
Course Length: 18 Months
Start Date: July 2023 onwards
Qualification: Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package.
We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience, who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Customer service experience is helpful, but not essential, what we are really interested in is a genuine passion for going above and beyond for our customers.
This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme, with an opportunity for a progression to more complex role. Throughout the programme, you will get to know our product and services and be part of a team to deliver the exceptional service to our customers. At the start of your journey in your new role we will support you through a blended learning experience this is where you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of virtual classroom & practical training, as well as having the opportunity to develop these new skills fully supported within your branch. This will provide you with the opportunity to get hands on experience and apply learning into practice.
Within this role you will:
- Provide exceptional telephone customer service in a timely manner whilst working in a busy fast-paced contact centre and adhering to our policies and procedures
- Process a wide range of transactions, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Be a problem solver and have an excellent attention to detail
- Play a supporting role in educating our customers around HSBC products and alternative digital banking platforms
- Focusing on our customer's current requirements, while anticipating their changing future needs and priorities.
- Always deliver open and honest communication through the conveying of information in a simple and understandable ways to build customer relations.
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- A genuine interest in customers and a passion for the service you provide.
- Able to adapt to innovation and technological change to work smarter, improve service and connect with our customers more sustainably.
- Embraces and implements change that will improve our business performance
- Demonstrates resilience to pressure and the challenge this brings while adapting to critical work demands with flexibility.
- Proactive desire to self-development in skills required to further support our customers and better their banking experience.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme. Applicants with international qualifications are required to supply a transcript and/or NARIC Certificates (if applicable)
This is a hybrid working role.
When and Where you will work:
We operate in a hybrid working environment, which means you will work partly in the office and partly at home, it's important you are able to do both. Our expectation is that you work 2 days a week from the office and when working from home that you have a working environment which is safe, secure and be free from the interruptions of day-to-day life. Our full-time roles are contracted to 35 hours per week. Our Contact Centre operating hours are Monday to Sunday 8am to 8.30pm. We require a minimum of 10 hours a week to be worked across evenings and weekends so we can be here for when our customers need us.
You'll initially receive 6 weeks full training to get you up to speed with the specifics of your job role, the systems you will use, as well as the products and services that HSBC offer. Training is run Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and to enable us to provide you with the correct support to fulfil your role your training will be face to face in the office, we also ask that you do not take any holidays during your training period.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working INTERNAL arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.