£40,000 to £55,000 plus Benefits
A manufacturing company are looking for an experienced Estimator to manage key client relationships in order to achieve the annual target turnover and full utilisation of the workshop through conversion of tender enquiries. You will have strong experience of managing tenders and costing working within a manufacturing environment.
As an Estimator your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Manage estimating throughput to meet monthly turnover targets using standard formats and documents.
- Follow-up of all live opportunities with view to conversion to sales order and provide feedback on quotation log.
- Attend Pre-start meetings and assist Project Manager with gathering leads, resource and programming information.
- Provide practical advice, knowledge and input into the estimating and design phases of projects.
- Review Client orders or formal works instructions to ensure that all costs are covered and T&C s are acceptable.
- Formally handover secured work to the projects team at Technical Review explaining the project plan, budgets, labour, materials, margins and highlighting potential issues.
- Set-up new jobs post Technical Review in line with the Estimating Process.
- Support Project Manager by pricing variation orders and reviewing changes to contractual information as required.
- Provide regular feedback to directors on status of quotation log and sales pipeline.
An exciting opportunity for an Estimator with the following.
- Previous experience working as an Estimator within a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of steelwork, costing and manufacturing process.
- Strong Customer relationship management and Commercial awareness.
- Confident in managing projects from cradle to grave.
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management awareness.
- Positive thinking and self-motivated individual with good communication skills.
If you are an Estimator with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on (phone number removed).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.