The Knot Inn is a beautiful countryside pub with a fantastic heritage, in a wonderful location. The pub enjoys a good drive-out location and benefits from the popularity of the area for tourists, walkers, and cyclists. Over the years, The Knot has enjoyed a wonderful reputation, and we would like to get it firmly back on the map!
The Knot Inn has recently been taken over by the experienced owners of Heaton House Farm Wedding Venue and the pub opened in December with great reviews to date! By joining our team, you can be ensured of a warm welcome, supportive management and the opportunity to grow and develop yourself as our businesses grow!
We offer a competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and ensure that the basics are covered. In addition to this, we offer discounts, staff events, staff referral schemes, annual leave which increases with service, life and permanent health insurance (for permanent employees and after a qualifying period).
We are seeking an exceptional General Manager to lead the team. The Knot Inn has enjoyed a good reputation over the years however we are looking to take the pub to the next level and deliver exceptional locally produced food led by a talented General Manager. You may already be a GM looking to join a smaller family-run company or maybe you are an experienced Assistant/Deputy Manager. Either way, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities as our General Manager will include:
- General responsibility of The Knot Inn public house
- Work closely with our talented Head Chef to develop the team to provide sensational food and customer service to each and every guest that walks through the door
- Develop and maintain an exciting drinks menu incorporating beverages from local suppliers
- Produce a monthly rota for Front of House team using company software
- Conduct staff reviews and provide welfare support
- Manage recruitment and induction of new team members and ensure all necessary training is provided on an ongoing basis
Our General Manager will come equipped with the following qualities:
- A passion for hospitality
- A good level of experience working in a busy restaurant or bar
- Very strong customer service focus with the desire to provide an outstanding level of service to all guests
- Financially numerate with a good understanding of profit and margins
- Confident to train, develop and motivate team members
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good knowledge of health and safety including fire marshal and evacuation procedures
The role is full-time and permanent. You will need to be flexible as you will work 5 days out of 7 including weekends and bank holidays
What we offer in return
- A rewarding experience - working as part of a friendly team, with a fantastic reputation
- Support we are a friendly family-run company and care about our team like they are part of the family
- Progression as our company grows, so can you!
- Flexibility this includes flexibility in working days (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) and working hours (we don t work Christmas Day!
- Staff events we work hard but enjoy spending time celebrating our success
- Discounts we believe in giving back, so you get discounts!
- Staff Referral scheme - Rewards for bringing more team players to our family
- Competitive Salary See top of description
- Insurance life & permanent health insurance (after the qualifying period)
- Pension Scheme (subject to qualifying criteria)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays, prorated for part-time) increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Free car parking!
You may have experience of the following: Pub Manager, General Manager, Duty Manager, Bar Manager, Hospitality Manager, Bar Supervisor, Bar Staff, Bartender, Front of House Team Leader, Bar Shift Leaders, Bar Team Leader, Events Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Catering Supervisor