Are you a General Operator looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like to work on Flexible Pipe Systems?
Join our Flexible Pipe Systems team
The Flexible Pipe Systems business supplies specialist unbonded flexible subsea flowline and riser systems globally. We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, we connect subsea and surface with industry leading technology.
Partner with the best
The General Operator is responsible for completing and monitoring all required tasks as directed by the Lead Operator, working as part of a team. The Operator will assist in the day to day running of the process under the direction of the Lead Operator or Shift Lead performing any reasonable task which is asked of them.
As a General Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring company policies, procedures and operating instructions are followed
- Complying with all safety instructions, promoting individual and team safety
- Promoting and maintaining Quality standards
- Participating in Risk Assessments
- Supporting the SOI audit process to ensure they remain compliant with best practice
- Identifying and reporting all Safety concerns, Quality issues and manufacturing problems before progressing any work
- Reporting directly to the Lead Operator assisting in the set up and operation of equipment and machines
- Performing all required tasks in accordance with standard operation instructions, risk assessments and company safety policies
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a mechanical aptitude and proven experience in a mechanical/manufacturing environment
- Have a Quality background examining machined parts
- Have experience of none destructive testing
- Have experience in using hand and power tools
- Have a working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Have a working knowledge of Windows software, including specific ability in the advanced use of Excel spread sheets
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Be able to be flexible with working patterns and shift rotas
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.