Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 basic salary (dependant on level / experience) plus bonus, company car allowance, enhanced pension and Veolia benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday - No weekends
Location: South East Region
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way. Due to ongoing success and continuing growth, Veolia is expanding its Engineering capability within the Technical Direction Energy Team therefore we require Intermediate Level and Senior Mechanical Design Engineers to join our team.
Because of our responsibility when it comes to leading change, resourcing takes every single one of us, and this is how you can play your part. And if you're keen to see the difference you can make, this role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn't matter if you're looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day's work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What will you be doing?
- Develop conceptual designs into detailed engineering design packages (typically to RIBA stage 4) for energy centres, district heating networks, distributed energy schemes and other low carbon or renewable turnkey projects.
- Own the entire process design including producing documentation such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, process calculations, resilience scenarios and the description of operation.
- Manage the design review process throughout the project with consideration to all aspects including cost and safety. The management of change procedure would document all changes and resulting actions.
- Develop detailed engineering specifications to allow the tendering and procurement of key equipment.
- Produce project specific installation specifications and work packages in order to obtain competitive quotations for the site installation works.
- Implement effective solutions to design issues which may arise minimising their impact on cost and programme.
- Ability to work and liaise with the CAD team.
- Ensure the original technical and performance parameters are maintained throughout the project.
- Understand and implement the relevant safety review processes inclusive of HAZID and HAZOP.
- Ensure compliance with CDM regulations and have the ability to reference design work to industry guidelines from CIBSE, BSRIA, NHS HTM's etc.
- When required, work with the Technical Solutions Team to develop an offer to RIBA stage 2 or 3.
What are we looking for?
A Qualified engineer in the mechanical field with a good awareness of civil and electrical engineering with a full UK driving licence is essential for both roles.
Mid Level -
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant experience in the energy industry - particularly power generation, large scale energy centres and utilities. (large heat pumps, steam raising plant, CHP units, chilled water systems, district heating networks, energy centres and a basic understanding of HV & LV electrical systems to allow interaction with our electrical design team).
Senior Level -
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years relevant experience in the energy industry - particularly power generation, large scale energy centres and utilities. (large heat pumps, steam raising plant, CHP units, chilled water systems, district heating networks, energy centres and a basic understanding of HV & LV electrical systems to allow interaction with our electrical design team).
- Chartered Engineer Status desirable or heading towards Chartered status.
Our promise to you
Here at Veolia, we know that a genuinely good role goes both ways.
So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you'll get 25 days of holiday alongside an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.