Lead Consultant, Data Engineering
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don t meet all the requirements, that s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
As a lead consultant within the growing arm of the Data & Technology engineering team you will assist and lead in the development and automation of data solutions for clients. This is a hands-on role and you will be responsible for developing pipelines to helping us aggregate many data sources into a single view for clients and indeed EssenceMediacom.
Marketing industry data is often incomplete, inconsistent and stored in silos with access primarily through APIs and FTPs. It is therefore our responsibility to help clients who each have their own requirements for reporting. EssenceMediaCom has invested in a technology stack based on GCP and Tableau in order to be able to adapt quickly to differing client requirements. We need a creative, experienced and motivated individual to help lead a team of data engineers and build solutions for integrating data in to the GCP & BigQuery environments.
Reporting of the role
Reports to Director, Data Management
3 best things about the job
- You ll have access to the latest and greatest in cloud and dashboarding technologies
- Continuous learning, autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry
- You ll be working in a close knit, friendly team who are there to support you at every stage of your career.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Understood the Data & Technology team s existing tools and techniques and how we work with the wider agency.
In six months, you would have:
- Started to build your own contacts network, delivered on 1-2 key projects and be considering improvements that can be made to our tools or processes.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Worked closely with clients to lead and deliver on projects that drive Data & Technology forwards.
Responsibilities of the role
- Manage and contribute to the strategy for EssenceMediacom s Google Cloud Platform whilst training & assisting others to use the platform
- Building Python solutions to integrate data from disparate sources into Big Query. This will include APIs and sFTPs
- Bringing consistency to our Data handling and schemas across EssenceMediacom clients
- Help manage a team of data engineers to deliver successfully on both internal and external projects
- Ensuring data validation during ETL, defining refresh schedules and SQL storage schemas
- Developing and documenting the data audit, archiving and restoration processes
- Working with planning teams to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment
- Developing quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across all database systems.
What you will need
- Cloud platform knowledge: GCP (Certification advantageous), other cloud platform knowledge would be considered
- Experience working with Python (R desirable)
- Experience of working directly with clients and managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience in building pipelines from various data sources especially APIs
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Line management experience
- Experiencing working with tools such as: Jira, Confluence
- Has worked in a technical team that use Agile, Scrum methodologies
- Experience of DevOps tools: Github/Gitlab
- Experience working with digital marketing and/or web analytics data
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates an opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our new power where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom London