Mechanical Maintenance EngineerPermanent£44,788.61
Wigan4on/4off 18 days off every 7 rotations (5 times a year) (Shutdown - Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years are additional days off)
Our client is a global leader in packaging manufacturing. An opportunity has arisen for an Mechanical Engineer to join the Maintenance team.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will work alongside a team of mechanical, electrical, automation and reliability Engineers.
This position offers extensive avenues for progression into advanced levels of engineering as well as reliability engineering.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective of this role is to maintain business as usual for the plant operations. To continuously improve availability/reliability of the equipment, provide technical support resource to the manufacturing operation, delivering optimum asset reliability and performance through an effective asset maintenance continuous improvement approach.
- Technical support resource for reactive maintenance across plant to ensure a safe, timely and effective close out of live plant issues.
- Proactive fault prevention and continuous improvement activities to deliver key maintenance KPIs
- Complete root cause analysis reports on major engineering stoppages across site.
- Support the close out of health and safety, Quality and CI actions lists.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques such as TPM, RCA, RCM and FMEA.
- Coaching and supporting operators to develop their skills on assets across site.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.
- Apprentice trained, ideally in mechanical engineering.
- Ideally experienced in fast-paced manufacturing environments.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline associated with the daily compliance of hygiene standards and the safe operation of factory equipment
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology, and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.