Member / Customer Service Officer 15 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to be part of a collaboration between South Denbighshire Community Project and Cambrian Credit Union.
Cambrian Credit Union is a community owned and controlled financial cooperative, providing a wide range of practical, affordable, and straightforward financial services to everyone. As a social enterprise, Cambrian strive to improve and enhance the social, financial, and economic well-being of members by promoting sensible savings and prudent borrowing.
With a network of 4 branches in Wales, the solutions focused team are passionate about treating people as individuals and take pride delivering a friendly and helpful service.
The Role Member / Customer Service Officer
Reporting to the Office Manager, as a Member Service Officer working at the Corwen branch, you will play an important role delivering exceptional customer service.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with queries and processing transactions both over the phone and face to face
- Pro-actively working with Canolfan Ni, South Denbighshire Community Partnership (SDCP) colleagues and its referral network to maximise the amount of cost-of-living crisis support available
- Recognising needs, raising awareness of support available, and making referrals where appropriate
- Preparing loan applications
- Maintaining appropriate records and ensuring that any necessary follow-up action is taken
- Contributing to regular team meetings and working collaboratively with the SDCP team to ensure the smooth and effective running of the service
Our Requirements Member / Customer Service Officer
- Proven customer service experience
- Solutions focused, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent judgment and solid decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Diligent with a high level of numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Computer literacy with accurate and timely data entry skills
- Enthusiasm and proactive approach to work
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, preferably in business or customer service
Your professional development goals will be listened to, with ongoing training and support provided. In addition, you will benefit from:
- 12 month fixed-term contract, working 15 hours per week flexibly over Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Salary of £21,640 pro rata
- Annual employee bonus scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata), rising incrementally with length of service to a maximum of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
- An additional day s paid leave during the Christmas annual leave period
- Enhanced sick pay
- Staff loan rate
- Enhanced employee assist programme
- Staff uniform
All applications for this Member / Customer Service Officer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.