Job Title Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary 40,000 - 55,000
Sector Aerospace / Defence
Permanent / Full-Time
My client, a market leading and world-renowned Defence Engineering company, is currently looking to recruit a Concept Systems Engineer to add to their highly regarded and cutting-edge Future Concepts team. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career within the UK defence Sector and to join some of the most exciting projects in the UK.
The client has demonstrated its ability to bring together the best skills across the whole of Europe, and has succeeded in becoming the prime contractor for a series of strategic multi-national programmes.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a UK security clearance application and must be aware of the criteria involved.
We are recruiting for experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineers to work in all areas of the Product Life Cycles from Mechanical Future Concepts, Detailed Design and Qualification to Production and In-service Support. The role will be responsible for leading the development of mechanical solutions on a wide variety of complex defence systems whilst collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams. This opportunity provides fantastic development opportunities and career progression.
What we're looking for
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development in one of the following areas; Mechanisms, Structures, Assembly and Integration, Concept down selection and development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience across the Product Life Cycle (CADMID)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting projects in the UK and to further develop your skills.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.