Are you an experienced procurement/ category manager within the public sector? Are you looking for your next opportunity within a renowned health care organisation? If so, please keep reading.
- Monday - Friday 9-5 (can be flexible)
- Hybrid - 3 days working from home
- Salary up to 50k depending on experience
- Benefits include; Cycle Scheme, Private healthcare, Gymflex, Technology at home, Private GP consultations, Purchase up to 10 days annual leave, Me Time (2 hours per month)
As a Procurement Manager, you will be supporting the public sector (NHS) and a leading private sector healthcare organisation. You will be responsible for leading national agreements, ensuring best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
DUTIES (included, but not limited to):
- Understand or demonstrate an aptitude to learn the product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products/services
- Understand or demonstrate an ability to learn in-depth aspects of categories, which includes: Product features and benefits
- Product comparisons between supplier offerings and impact on healthcare providers in deriving value through conversion opportunities
- Interpretation and use of market information provided by Sales & Marketing Team and US Global Sourcing Team
- Future product pipeline and impact on market
Develop and use knowledge about suppliers to build strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
- Discuss future product pipelines with suppliers
- Review current or future technology
- Investigate new supplier entrants to market
- Understand future product pipeline and impact on market
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and accountability for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, SQ, RFP/ITT, Contract Negotiations, and contract launch
- Undertake a pre- assessment of award scenarios and utilises outputs to inform sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Undertake end to end sourcing initiatives in line with the organisation's sourcing practices
- Present category strategies and final awards to internal stakeholders for review and discussion, prior to being validated by members.
Supplier and Customer Relationship Management
- Oversee the supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and reviews new products/technologies/services as they arise in assigned categories.
- Build strong relationships with senior level supplier contacts.
- Identify key customer relationships to be established, to support the growth of the assigned portfolio
- Build and nurture effective customer
- Recognise and support any development gaps individuals may have
- Create time to conduct effective PDRs and career conversations to ensure their team is motivated and have the right capability to conduct the activity required of them in their role
- Demonstrate and displays Values statements and encourages values led behaviour across their team.
- Meet financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 4 years procurement experience with a proven track record of delivery against targets
- Strategic Sourcing and Category Management experience
- Experienced negotiator
- Supplier relationship management and project management experience
- Accomplished user of e-Procurement systems, Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Access, Outlook
- Understanding of EU Directives
- Understanding of Group Purchasing Organisations
- Member or training to be a member of the Chartered Institute of purchasing and Supply, and works in accordance with the CIPS Code of Ethics
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.