An experienced QC Manager is required to work for a long established organisation who is a leading stockist and supplier of pipe, fittings, flanges, valves, and associated products to industries including oil, gas, power, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, water & gas utilities, marine and nuclear. As QC Manager you will report to the Group Quality Manager. This role is based in Billingham, Teeside.
They operate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 and is committed to continual improvement. Customer requirements and customer satisfaction are at the heart of their business principles and therefore take a major role in how business practices are developed and improved.
They are looking for a team member with a strong technical background and very good understanding and experience with the products and materials in their standard scope of supply. You will be managing a team of QC personnel and will be a key contact for technical queries within the company. The job scope is outlined as follows.
- Lead technical and quality control activities with clients and suppliers (e.g., KOM, PIM, TQ/TC and NC resolution).
- Provide technical support to Group personnel.
- Reviewing client specifications/documentation and identifying key technical requirements or potential issues with supply.
- Review supplier technical documentation (WPS/PQR, ITP, MPS etc.) to confirm compliance.
- Technical input and review of stock purchase specifications.
- Assisting your team with certification review, material inspection and other requirements.
- Attend supplier and client facilities to witness or lead technical/quality activities required.
- Support the Quality Manager with ISO 9001 certification activities where required
Skills / Competency:
- Strong experience working in an engineering/technical role within the piping industry.
- Strong experience with quality control activities.
- Sound technical understanding of material testing.
- Experience managing a team of personnel.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in an engineering discipline (e.g., Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering).
- Good overall IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills (phone, MS Teams, written and verbal) and able to communicate with personnel of various levels of understanding.
Working hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with a flexible one hour lunch.
Salary 50-55k depending on skills/experience.
If you feel you have the right experience for this exciting role, apply today or contact Kim Baker, ENS Commercial Recruitment, Westcliff, Essex for further information