TITLE Quality Control Inspector
RESPONSIBLE TO Quality Supervisor / Production Manager
LAST UPDATED 02/JAN/23
Quality Control Inspector is actively engaged to ensure products produced meet customer requirements and ensure quality control systems are maintained throughout manufacture. Inspectors will have day to day responsibility for working with staff in Quality and Technical departments, while progressing jobs with engineers and machine operators.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Quality Control Supervisor in the day-to-day operation of the inspection department.
- Ensure quality control systems are maintained and followed.
- Carry out first/last off inspections against engineering drawings and 3D models on production batches, New-Products & Prototypes
- Carry out final dimensional inspections against engineering drawings and complete applicable reports. Including CTQs (Critical-to-quality dimensions) & FAI (First-article-inspection)
- Carry out Visual & Function checks as required piece-parts and assemblies
- Carry out sample inspection and spot-checks on production work as required.
- Carry out training with all SPM staff on inspection equipment.
- Support inspection department to ensure calibration system is maintained.
- Support Inspection department to ensure Inspection machines & equipment are serviced and maintained.
- Work with production operatives to achieve product conformity.
- Work with Production team to achieve customer due dates.
- Creating and completing customer specific inspection report using IPI inspection computer software and company MRP system.
- Customer facing inspector as required.
- Creating reports for quality manager as required.
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Previous experience of using CMM
- Previous experience and knowledge of handheld inspection equipment & shadow-graph
- Experience of using gauging.
- Computer literate
- Previous experience working with geometric tolerance, OGP and Vicci Vision equipment is desirable but not essential.
- Have a helpful attitude towards all management and all employees, fostering good working relationships & in particular drive to ensure quality of work is maintained.
- Give specific attention to detail to those on his/her section and other sections as required by management
- Good time keeping
- Maintain good working practises, ensuring all first-off inspection is completed promptly and ready for shift operators.
- Uphold Company policies including but not exhaustive of, eating and drinking policy, mobile phones and IT equipment policies
- Implement Health and safety policy, which is relevant to his/her section