Our client in Hamble specializes in the manufacturing of high-performance, solid-state laser systems and fiber optics for scientific, analytical and metrology applications. They are looking to hire a Quality Manager to join their business.
As a member of the site management team, lead all Quality Management System activity and ensure implementation of Quality standards across the business. Lead Regulatory compliance and audit activities and identify improvements, ensuring adequate customer and regulatory reporting. Liaise with customers and on quality and compliance matters to enable delivery of quality product and services. Provide effective leadership and coaching to the Quality department to meet business needs and develop quality practices across the business.
- Support the site management team in providing leadership and vision to the whole business.
- Provide monthly reports to the management team, supporting company KPIs and representing the site
- Manage and lead Quality function teams; (Supplier Quality, Quality Compliance, Quality Engineering and Quality Control)
- Ensure all statutory, customer, regulatory and corporate reporting is completed on time to the standard required.
- Lead implementation of best practice Quality Management; strategy, policies and processes to improve compliance.
- Prepare, lead and deliver all external Regulatory / Certification audits and ensure any findings are addressed.
- Ensure the Internal Audit Plan is conducted effectively and resulting non-conformances addressed.
- Lead product quality assurance activities such as Concessions and Deviation Notices and Material Review Board
- Lead the SQE team to ensure adequate support to Supply Chain team to improve supplier.
- Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering related discipline (HND in Engineering or Quality with experience will be considered)
- Significant experience of leading ISO 9001:2015 regulatory compliance activity and ERP system requirements
- Experience leading a Quality team in a relevant industry
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualified and experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (VSM, Kaizen etc)
- Experience of Clean Rooms / GMP environment (ISO 6 or higher)
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI), Engineering Change
- Competent in MS Office - PPT, Outlook, Excel, Teams etc
- Experience and knowledge of Production Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- A hands-on approach to Quality support to production and willingness to contribute to team workload
- Advanced degree in Quality Management
- Experience in optics/laser/instrumentation related industries (Highly Desirable)
- Membership of an Industry related Professional body would be advantageous
- SAP Key User experience
- Experience with budgetary responsibility or cost reporting and management
If you have the right skills required for the Quality Manager role, please do apply with your up-to-date CV and we will be in contact.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.