First Achieve is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor around the Glasgow area to join an exponentially growing business, offering an autonomous role, training, career prospects and a great annual salary with benefits
We are looking for a driven individual who can assist in all project activities and bring valuable expertise to the civil engineering team. The successful candidate will have experience in telecommunications or similar projects.
- Prepare the tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, with the architect and the client.
- Engage existing supply chain.
- Select subcontractors, agree the scope of services and allocate work.
- Monitor and control costs throughout the project.
- Identify risks surrounding the project and the likelihood of cost variation.
- Track any changes to the design or actual work and adjust budget projections.
- Value completed work and arrange payments to subcontractors.
- Analyse progress and write detailed reports.
- Liaise between site managers, project managers, site engineers and the client.
- Prepare summary reports for the client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Run cost analyses for ongoing repair and maintenance work.
- Advise on any outstanding contractual claims remaining.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Quantity Surveying degree
- 5 years post qualification experience working in the construction industry
- IT proficient
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Full clean driving license
What's on offer?
- £39,000 annual salary
- Company car
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Interested? APPLY TODAY and Once reviewed, one of our Time-Served Engineering Consultant will be in touch to discuss in more detail.