Senior Embedded Design Engineer

  • Job Reference: 941791593-2
  • Date Posted: 11 March 2023
  • Recruiter: Interaction Recruitment
  • Location: Ashton, Cornwall
  • Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
  • Sector: Trades & Services
  • Job Type: Permanent

Job Description

Job role: Senior Embedded Electronics Design Engineer

Salary: £50,000-£60,000

Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire

Hours: Day shift Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week

Job Type: Full Time, Permanent

The Company:

Interaction have partnered with a well-established, growing firm based in Northampton that operates within the Telecommunications and security industries, working with clients around the globe. Our client is now looking for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to lead their growing hardware team.

The Benefits:

Salary between £50,000-£60,000 dependent on experience

33 Days Holiday including bank holidays - increasing to 38 days after 5 years service

Flexible working

Travel insurance - to cover leisure trips for you and your family

Pension Scheme - 4% employer contribution when you deposit the same

Share Scheme

The Role:

You will lead the existing hardware team by mentoring less experienced design engineers and co-ordinating team workloads.

Collaborate and review designs produced by engineers surrounding PCB and Electronic orientated components.

Liaise with sub-contractors and external parties to ensure design standards are met alongside communicating with clients based in the PCB and Electronic Board Manufacturing industry.

Commit to the manufacturing process using embedded C software to support the production of low circuit designs, PCB boards and electronic components for the Telecoms and Security industries.

90% of this role you will be a hands-on electronic design engineer. The other 10% you will be a team leader.

Team leader - you will manage the teams work load and point them in the right direction.

The Requirements:

Previous experience leading/supervising a team within the Electronic Design/manufacturing industry (essential)

Knowledge of MCUs, MOS and SOCs (essential)

Must have circuit design experience (essential)

Relevant qualifications within Electronics and/or Design (NVQ/City & Guilds etc) - advantageous

Previous experience of low power circuit design, RF circuit design and working with controlled impedances and EMC design requirement (advantageous)

Military and/or government industry experience (advantageous)

Previous experience writing firmware (advantageous)

Previous experience in multi-layer PCB design and review, as well as writing and executing/overseeing PCB test plans

Must be able to take a design from requirements through to manufacture and test

Interaction Recruitment have specialist consultants across the majority of industries within the UK, including but not limited to, Finance & IT, Technical & Engineering, Industrial, Commercial and Hospitality. We offer both temporary and permanent support. For more information regarding the position or to discuss any other opportunities, you can reach us on (phone number removed), (phone number removed) or email (url removed)

Thank you for taking the time, we hope to speak in the near future.