Test Equipment Engineer - Stevenage (On-site, fulltime)
Contract - 6 Month Duration (likely to be extended)
Akkodis is growing, and we are looking for Test Equipment Engineers to join us to help deliver some spacecraft/satellite test rack developments, based in Stevenage (on-site).
The roles are available straight away and will start as 6 month contracts with a likelihood they will be extended again.
What you will be doing
- Specifying EGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment)
- Day to day support of the electrical test racks used during spacecraft build and test
- Validation and routine maintenance as well as configuring, maintaining and administering the computers on the EGSE network.
- Overseeing procurement where required
What you will need
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and RF test racks
- Fault finding skills down to board and component level
- Network and computer administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Good documentation skills (procedures, reports etc.)
- Knowledge of interfaces such as Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN bus, RS232/422 etc.
- ATE environments such as PCI, VXI, PXI etc.
- Competent in the use of a variety of general purpose lab test equipment
- Knowledge of test systems
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of test systems
- Willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns as required
- Maintenance and fault finding of electronic/RF test racks
- Computer system and networks administration
- Programming and scripting languages
- Environmental and launch test campaign
- Preparing test specifications for test racks, reviewing data packs from suppliers and supporting reviews of test equipment design and non-conformances
- Experience of electrical integration of equipment on a spacecraft.
- Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
- Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Experience of environmental and launch test campaigns.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Programming and scripting languages, in particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA
Adecco - AKKA is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.